Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Open ended poems 1

Sooo dont you hate it when you THINK you have an idea, but its not a fully developed idea? I mean I don't know about you, but I write in puzzle pieces. Instead of jotting them down on napkins though I just keep them in my fone, might as well put them out there though. Let the world see them so maybe more ideas can come from other places...

Number One

First things first
It's all about numero uno
Number First baby
It's me
Myself
and I
and WHAT?!

The number one has always felt like a million;

rocket scientists strove to be the first on the moon

you wanted to be first in line before all these people
because you want to have first dibs on the
number one seat
and want to have your ears be the first pair to hear

Why
So
Serious?

And you wait in a line for 4 hours on a monday night in,
a mall that got boring ages ago, because
YOU
wanted to be the first one at the midnight release of Halo 3
just because it feels that much
"fresher"
than the regular release the following Tuesday

But its funny how when I remember
Numero Uno
Number First
When I remember ME
I feel like my ears get bigger
and people can call me Horton

Because an elephant never forgets and
Jacob's
an elephant 100 percent because
I never forget anything

Because what you think you know
you have no idea
I'm actually a very sentimental guy

I remember my first day of school
and
I remember the first day I said "What's up" to my best friends
and
I remember being 5 years old and not knowing what you were
because
I remember not knowing what beautiful was
and
I remember feeling my heart dance on the inside of my 12 year old chest
when I remember the first time I brought someone flowers
and

All sentimentalities aside
right now I just wanna be your one and only....(to be continued)

Yeahh soo I started rambling, and now I don't know where to go -__- I'm probably just going to end up taking pieces that I like from this poem and using them for a....grander purpose hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment